Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I am new of odoo's world and I am testing it for the company I work.
I have a lot of questions about it
- Today is the v8 stable?
- Is there a way to check if odoo is correctly installed and if is working well? (like a cron job which check all - db, config, updates and so on)
- Is there a block diagram about odoo's processes? how do they work: lead, opportunities, projects, manufacturing, etc.
- Is there a way to create private's calendar (event, meeting and so on) hidden for the other users?
The idea is create a:
- company calenar, visible to all logged users
- departments calendars, visible only for user assigned to this department
- private - personal calendar
- Can I synchronize calendar and contact with outlook?
My company is a worldwide seller. Usually we send quotations in different languages (English, French, Russian, Italian and Spanish) can I manage this with odoo?
- If so, for every customer can I specify a language preference for quotation / invoice?
- Can I do a quotation / invoice with 2 language? ex. English and Russian?
- Can I do a quotation / invoice with a custom product name?
I sell bananas but instead use this product name, could I want use the custom name from my customer ex. b4n4n45
- We use different currencies (US dollar and euro) for quotations and invoices, can I manage this with odoo?
- Often our customer has multiple sites (warehouse, production, etc).
We could get an order from production site with destination warehouse, or from main office from production site. Or from production for production.
Can I manage this with odoo? If so, which is the better way to manage it?
For example our customer could be part of a group of 5 or more factories with same name but different VAT and addresses.
Factory A (main)
Factory B (production 1)
Factory C (production 2)
We could receive and order from A (invoice header A) with destination B
Or from B to C, or B to B
- Our customer's people can operate in multiple factories (A and C) how can I manage they?
I know, too many questions and bad english.. please bear me :)
It's not really good to ask all these questions in 1 post. In the future, please ask each question separately.
- Yes, as of 9/19/2014, v8 final is released and stable. Just like for any version, continous testing and bugfixing still continues.
- If you can start it, it means it's correctly installed. You can also start your Odoo server with the --debug attribute to find any error.
- Yes, you can activate the developer mode (through the "About Odoo" menu), go to the record you want to see the flow of, and select "View Workflow" in the dropdown list.
- Yes. A calendar event is an object. Each event is a record. By using ACLs (access rights) and record rules in Settings > Technical > Security, you can achieve what you describe.
- Yes, you can synchronize Odoo calendar and contacts with Outlook. To do so you need to first synchronize with a google calendar and contacts with the out-of-the-box feature that allows you to do so. Then you have to use a third party app like Google Calendar Sync to synchronize your google calendar with Outlook. If you don't want to do this because it's too tricky or you don't want to go through google, you will have to write a module.
- Yes, you can send documents in the language of your client (or supplier, or prospect,...). To do so, you need first to make sure that those languages are installed in Settings > Translations. Second, you need to make sure that the correct language is specified on the record of your clients (in the form view of your customers).
- Yes, you can print a quotation or invoice in 2 languages. Just print it first with 1 language specified in the form view, then change the language and print it again. It will generate the document in both languages.
- Yes, you can change the description field on the quotation or invoice to display a custom product name.
- Yes, Odoo handles multi-currency.
- Yes, you can manage several locations with your customer. You should have 1 main company in your list of customers, and you can create the warehouses with the main company as parent. Additionally, you need to activate the ability to bill and ship to different entities in Settings > Sale. It will allow you to select different records for name, billing, and shipping and to always consider the same commercial company for accounting and reporting purposes.
You should have your contacts below the main company and use them in the customer field, then use another warehouse or production entity in the invoicing and delivery fields.
Thank you very much for your answers.
I did some test and, I don't know maybe its a mine impression but odoo looks really fragile. I got many error in few minutes and in some case I had to delete the VM and do a new copy and reinstall odoo.
I got another questions:
- a contact of a customer should always be marked as customer or not? The same for suppliers, a contact that work for a supplier should be marked as supplier?
Because in sample data every contact related to a company are marked as "customer"
- Regarding the multi language invoice/quotation, can I do a quotation with both languages?
Name/Nome Qty/Num Price/Prezzo
Apple / Mele 8 30,00
Thank you ;)
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 9/19/14, 4:46 PM|
|Seen: 2163 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|