This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello friends,

My name is Rohit, currently I am working as Accounts Manager in a limited Co. Recently we have implemented ERP software from some local vendor at a very cheap rate, by helping them in implementation of the software I realized that their software was readymade, it was very simple and they customized it as per inputs given by us. Then I got an idea of starting my own business of ERP solutions, I am a commerce graduate with post-graduation in computer applications with over 17 years of functional work experience at different levels in different companies (Finance, Accounts and Taxation).

While searching online I came to know about free ERP solutions like openERP and tryton. Most of the modules are already available readymade, one has to customize and downsize these modules, for around 70% businesses these modules can be used with small change. My question is from those who are already in this business of implementing ERP solutions. How easy or difficult is openERP/Tryton to learn? Are these software really free? Are these software available for own use only or we can sell them to others? How to start learning them? I have enquired from openERP people about the partnership but they are asking for huge fee for enrollment as a partner, I am unable to pay this much amount initially, as I am not very sure how far I can go in this business. And Tryton doesn’t have presence in India. First I want to learn the software, and then only I would be able to invest something in that.

Somebody please guide me how to move further, which software is suitable for customization and sale and how to learn …. Thanks in advance … Regards,

Rohit

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Rohit,

Nice to heard that you want learning new things.

Here is our blog post "How to learn OpenERP"..

It will help you to take first step in OpenERP customization and let us know if needed any help.

Discard