This question has been flagged
3 Replies

My question solved, check my own answer below..

So I have created simple module following tutorial in http://doc.openerp.com/trunk/developers/web/module/ i put my module directory (web_example) under /usr/share/pyshared/openerp/addons/web_example

My addons structure is this.. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57978373/web_example.zip

I try to:

• update my module list
  • disable filter for installed module
  • restart openERP server

But, my module won't show up in module list. What should I do?

Thanks.

Discard

I had the same problem few days ago. I added my module in addons directory but it wasn't found. On my Ubuntu server was an additional directory openerp7/addons-extra and I saved it there. Afterwards OpenERP found it. However I'm also new to OpenERP maybe there's another explanation.

Author

So i created this folder /usr/share/pyshared/openerp/addons-extra and put my web_example module directory there. But, it still not working. Any idea? Thanks.

Hi, have you given 'installable': True, in __openerp__.py file

Best Answer

Hello !

After “Updating Module List”, Just click on “Installed Modules” menu just above the “Udate Module List” menu. Now remove “Installed” filter from the search box and type your module here..
I think it should work. Don’t check App List.

May be this blog discussion can help you guys.
acespritechblog.wordpress.com/2012/12/05/how-to-install-new-module-in-openerp-7-0/

Thanks,
Acespritech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Mail: info@acespritech.com
Blog: acespritechblog.wordpress.com

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Try to click on Installed Modules, after that remove the filter "Installed" and write the name of your module there. This solution work for me.

Chris

Discard

hi, go to users ->access rights ->administrator - select access rights and you will get more options, now click on installed modules and remove the filter and try to give the full name of your module you will definetly get your module displayed

Author

Hi Chris, already trying that (as my question stated). Do you have any idea? Maybe my source code is wrong, or i have miss some step.. Thanks.

I downloaded your source code and I saw the module.

Author

Have you put in addons directory and this module appear in module list?

Yes Rahmat. 1. I put in addons directory, 2. I update the module list, 3. I click on Installed Modules and remove the filter "Instlalled" and write the module name in the search option...

Hi, have you given 'installable': True, in __openerp__.py file

I have developed a module and put it in the addons folder and followed all the above mentioned steps.As I am using an ubuntu machine,my addons folder is in opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons.Still my module is not getting displayed in the installed modules list though it is in the addons directory.Can anyone please tell a solution for this?

Author Best Answer

Finally i get my module working. Here is what I do:

• Check the value of addons_path in configuration file located at /etc/openerp/openerp-server.conf
  • I get this value /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons
  • Then, i put my module there.
  • Update my module list
  • My new module show up! :)

Thanks everyone!

Discard