Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

New installation, users must be part of Administrator/Settings Group in order to login

By
Derek Fung
on 2/6/14, 5:29 PM 451 views

I am evaluating OpenERP to see if it is usable by our organization.

I have a vanilla install with the demo data. Any user cannot login to the system, unless they are a part of the Administration/Settings group. Even the included Demo User cannot login. Upon login, I get the Access Denied error because the user doesn't have access to the Administration/Settings function, and then references Document model: ir.values. After clicking OK, no menus appear for the demo user. I can't do anything but log out. This is also true of any new users I create. Only by making them part of the Administration/Settings Group is it possible to log in and actually have a menu to available functions.

Changing the Home Action and Menu Action does not fix the problem. Being part of Administration/Access Rights is not sufficient

How do I fix this? I cannot have every user have Administrator rights. The documentation is no help because it does not even cover the process of creating a new user.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/6/14, 5:29 PM
Seen: 451 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM