Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

New bank statement for account moves that do not concern a partner

By
INVITU
on 6/23/14, 5:16 PM 945 views

As Frederic showed here (http://fr.slideshare.net/openobject/odoo-easily-reconcile-your-invoices-payments-with-the-brand-new-bank-statement-interface), the new bank statement is very functional for suppliers and customers whose payment appear directly in the bank statement.

Unfortunately, I don't see any possibility for fast (I mean that we do not want to click on each statement line, look for the right account, enter label that is the same that the one in the statement line...etc...) reconciling other types of account move lines as :

- check/cash deposits that are already reconciled with invoices

- card payments that already have been reconciled from the invoices

- bank loan move lines

- bank charges (bank fees)

- generally bank statement lines that do not have any partner

There could be hundreds of lines that do not concern any partner...

By the way, if the account_id field reappeared in the statement line object, I think that would solve the problem

Could you help us ?

I don't see any comment button under quentin's answer, so I comment here : ### Thank you Quentin for this good news. The old system (where we enter account_id directly in the bank statement lines) was good for us because we put the account number in the csv file before importing it. It means that if we have hundreds of line of the same type, we don't have to set them up in odoo (it's easier to copy-paste in a csv file than in odoo...). I'm afraid the solution you expose is not enough to cover that. That's why I suggested to put back the account_id field. If the new solution is better, I wish I could test it soon. All the best, Regards

INVITU
on 6/25/14, 2:11 PM

Hi there,

A huge improvement that wasn't shown by Frédéric (because it was developped just after the community days ^^ ) is the ability to reconcile other kind of account than receivable and payable ones. You just have to set your account as reconcile=True (Allow reconciliation) and in the bank statement line leave the partner empty and you'll see all the unreconciled entries among all accounts (and not only payable/receivable). Then you can filter on the account code to fast your searches. That should solve the clearing accounts of card payments, deposit...

I think also that something that will help you a lot is to create account.statement.operation.template for operations you'll often do such as bank fees.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/23/14, 5:16 PM
Seen: 945 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM