This question has been flagged
1 Reply

What access setting is needed to allow inventory user to validate inventory adjustments?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Inventory user is not able to see the Validate button in the inventory adjustment because the visibility of the Validate button is restricted to Inventory Managers by giving groups="" along with the button definition in the code. 

So if you need to show the same button for the Inventory users, either you can remove the groups="" attribute from the button definition or specify the group of inventory users inside the groups so that the button will be seen to both the User and Manager.

This can be either done by editing the view by activating the developer mode or by creating a custom module.

Thanks

Discard
Author

Thanks for the reply. I want to clarify that the "Validate Inventory" button is visible for the inventory user but when clicked it prompts an error message "Only a stock manager can validate an inventory adjustment"

How can I allow users to validate?

Hi, Just checked the function right now, Odoois checking the user group inside the code also. So you can't do anything from the user interface, you have to override the corresponding function and remove/bypass the user group checking in the code.

Thanks

Author

Ok, from Edit View: form

<button name="action_validate" states="confirm" string="Validate Inventory" type="object" class="oe_highlight" groups="stock.group_stock_user"/>

I change it from groups="stock.group_stock_manager"/> to groups="stock.group_stock_user"/> but still not validating for user

Am I doing it the wrong way?

See my last comment