Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Need Help ! It's Urgent (hide Edit button for specific user in form issue)

By
alvin
on 7/16/13, 11:17 PM 948 views

I want to hide edit button in form issue for specific user. In this case , I want user only can create issue but can't edit any recorded issue. I have tried change in access control list and record rules but it's not working. I also have tried change access rights in models project.issue and unchecked write access for user. Then , user can't edit but also can't create. Any one can help me for this case?thank you..

Adrian Merrall
On 7/17/13, 12:46 AM

Hmm,

I can't really think of a nice way to solve this. You are correct that if you take away write access you also block the create. The only thing that leaps to mind is to inherit the model, inherit the write method and raise an osv.except_osv for that user(s) before you call super.write.

Not the most elegant solution but it would work. Write is only called for updates to existing records, the orm create method is called for new records.

HTH,

Adrian, Auckland, NZ.

Sorry, actually I don't really understand how to inherit the model..can you tell me steps for solve this problem?thank you for the answer

alvin
on 7/17/13, 1:12 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/16/13, 11:17 PM
Seen: 948 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM