This question has been flagged
2 Replies

How can I perform asset acquisition, revaluation, disposal and asset transfering with OpenERP 7?

I have installed account_asset module. I can only define the asset registry and run the depreciation. I cannot find out how to perform the other operations related with fixed assets.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Mudi Vand,

Asset acquisition, can be done through Supplier Invoice Line, you should select Asset Catgeory in the lines before validating the Invoice. Once invoice is validated the Asset will get created automatically.

Asset Revaluation, can be done before Confirming the Asset.

And i think, Asset Disposal and Transfer facility is not yet provided in default module, though you can customize the features as per your requirement.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bharat

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you Bharat! Your answer gave me the solution for product acquisition. It displayed under Assets after that, but displayed under Products as well. I wonder whether we would be able to transfer the asset through 'Internal Moves' of Warehouse by using that product. Have to do more study on that.

But I have a problem regarding asset revaluation. We revaluate an asset after it has been depreciated for some time. To start the depreciation, we have to confirm the asset. Then we cannot revalue the asset in the system unless we set it again into 'Draft' status. But suppose, if the depreciation is done completely and the residual value has become '0', then the status changes to 'Closed' automatically and cannot revalue the asset at all. Therefore I am still confused.

Discard

Hello Mudi Vand, did you find any solution for the assets revaluation?