Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Need help configuring new user

Israr Khan
on 6/1/13, 4:48 AM 521 views

Hi. I need some help here. I am trying to add another user here. After completion of the required fields, I try to save the employee but it keeps coming back with the message "outgoing server not configured" and asks me to go back to the general settings to configure it. Now the problem is I have configured the outgoing server and when I tested the connection, it came back with the message "testing complete, everything is setup ok". stuck here. could someone explain what I seem to be doing wrong?

Francesco OpenCode

--Francesco OpenCode--
| 5 7 9
Grottaglie, Italy
--Francesco OpenCode--

Italian Odoo (OpenERP) Modules Developer LINKEDIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/francescoapruzzese

Francesco OpenCode
On 6/1/13, 5:03 AM

Go in the smtp server and set the sequence parameter of your server to 1 (or any number smaller than 5).

The problem is this: if you have more smtp server configured, openerp keep the record with lowest value of sequence. If all records have the some value, openerp keep the lowest id.

Try it!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 6/1/13, 4:48 AM
Seen: 521 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM