Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Need confirmation box whenever action is performed

By
Ken Tong
on 9/22/14, 5:10 AM 791 views

Hi Guys,

I need to prompt out a confirmation box whenever a button is created. Anyone know how to do it? Kindly refer to the attached screenshot below.

Thanks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42025188/confirmation_box.png

Ishwar Malvi
On 9/22/14, 5:42 AM

Hello,

You can create button like,

<button name="btn1" string="Button" type="object" confirm="Are you sure you want to HIT me?" />

Thanks,

Ishwar Malvi

i tried and added the type="object" confirm="Are you sure you want to HIT me?" without success.

Ken Tong
on 9/24/14, 10:40 AM

Hello, you need to define method for button because you have added type=object, so, in py file...... def btn1(related parameteres....) hope this will help you. Thanks.

Ishwar Malvi
on 9/25/14, 1:54 AM

Found the solution. This need to enable debug mode instead of modifying the addons files. Then click edit form view.

Ken Tong
on 9/25/14, 1:57 AM
Ken Tong
On 9/24/14, 10:44 AM

Do i need to delete the .pyc file and restart the openerp to take reflect changes on the system? I have done as well.

Found the solution. This need to enable debug mode instead of modifying the addons files. Then click edit form view.

Thanks for you guys guidance.

Madura
On 9/22/14, 7:38 AM

You need to do this using XML code edit in the appropriate addons which is located in ../odoo-server/addons/

can guide me which line of code should i edit? is it attrs? thanks.

Ken Tong
on 10/2/14, 2:21 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/22/14, 5:10 AM
Seen: 791 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM