Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Name Error : Name 'time' is not defined

By
GuruDev
on 6/24/13, 4:54 AM 6,382 views

Hello all, I am getting an error while refreshing the page in V7

server/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_ui_menu.py", line 336, in get_needaction_data dom = menu.action.domain and eval(menu.action.domain, {'uid': uid}) or []

erver/openerp/tools/safe_eval.py", line 241, in safe_eval return eval(test_expr(expr, _SAFE_OPCODES, mode=mode), globals_dict, locals_dict) File "", line 1, in <module> NameError: name 'time' is not defined

What may be the issue? Please help..

Lucio
On 7/20/15, 7:45 PM

Hi,

It seems that's a known bug: https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-server/7.0-opw-603382-ado 

I went through the the fix proposed and tested it and, at a first glance, it works!

Hope this helps!

Krishna
On 11/28/13, 7:57 AM
 <record id="action_view_task" model="ir.actions.act_window">
            <field name="name">Tasks</field>
            <field name="res_model">project.task</field>
            <field name="view_mode">kanban,tree,form,calendar,gantt,graph</field>
            <field name="domain">[('date','=',time.strftime('%Y-%m-%d')),('user_id','=',uid)]</field>
            <field name="filter" eval="True"/>
            <field name="search_view_id" ref="view_task_search_form"/>
            <field name="help" type="html">
              <p class="oe_view_nocontent_create">
                Click to create a new task.
              </p><p>
                OpenERP's project management allows you to manage the pipeline
                of tasks in order to get things done efficiently. You can
                track progress, discuss on tasks, attach documents, etc.
              </p>
            </field>
        </record>

This is my action code.

Francesco OpenCode

--Francesco OpenCode--
| 5 7 9
Grottaglie, Italy
--Francesco OpenCode--

Italian Odoo (OpenERP) Modules Developer LINKEDIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/francescoapruzzese

Francesco OpenCode
On 6/24/13, 8:51 AM

Add this line at top of your code, with the other import lines:

import time

Dear Francesco and Keyur,Thank you for the reply, I tried this one, but my case is different. I am getting this error for Admin users only. All other users get expected result.

I was trying to create new Groups via GUI and to give acces rights in the Menus.

GuruDev
on 6/24/13, 9:26 AM

Keyur

--Keyur--
| 4 4 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Keyur--

Odoo Expert

Keyur
On 6/24/13, 6:39 AM

Hi GuruDev,

Maybe you have not imported time library in your py file. That's why it is giving error of time.

Hope it will work after importing time in py file.

Thanks for the reply, Keyur..

I should import it in the ir_ui_menu.py file? How to import? in the .py file.. import time is it ok?

GuruDev
on 6/24/13, 6:59 AM

Have you created your custom module? Have you created any menu or apply domain on any action? I think the error comes because of the domain in action.

Keyur
on 6/24/13, 9:02 AM

I didint create any module. But I duplicated some groups and made some modification in acces. And also, I didnt add any domain.

GuruDev
on 6/24/13, 10:43 AM

Basic addons are not error prone. Maybe there can be other reason. You should try different database maybe then it will work properly.

Keyur
on 6/24/13, 11:11 AM

Dear Keyur, I was creating a new user group for Approvals. I've added a new Menu item into the Existing Accounting-Menu and gave acces rights for this newly created user group. That menu item contains...an action---Purchase Orders Waiting for Approval.

This was the only change that I made.

GuruDev
on 6/25/13, 4:08 AM

Can you please paste your action code here? I will try it in my custom module. Then I can figure out what exactly the problem is.

Keyur
on 6/25/13, 4:32 AM

hello Keyur...I need your help..i am adding domain in action the its giving error of time is not defined..I have defined import time in .py file..but of no use..Please help

Krishna
on 11/28/13, 7:55 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/24/13, 4:54 AM
Seen: 6382 times
Last updated: 7/20/15, 7:45 PM