Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

My user cannot create a project, even when he has privileges

on 8/8/13, 5:44 PM 3,089 views

I have a user with Manager privileges to the project module. When the user tries to create a new project this error appears:

Access Denied

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Project, Operation: create)

What is the cause of this / how can I fix it?

Regards, Jaime

I've the some problem.

Francesco OpenCode
on 8/28/13, 4:37 PM
On 12/11/13, 3:33 AM

I had almost the same problem as you, except that in my case, the operation was read: (Document type: Project, Operation: read)

After going through some of the related issues, I had a look at the record rules (Settings --> Technical --> Security --> Record Rules), and I saw one named Public members. I edited it and unticked the Active field, and all my users can now create projects.

I think this record rule was created when I once activated the portal, but somehow when I deactivated it, the rule was not disabled/removed.

Francesco OpenCode

--Francesco OpenCode--
| 5 7 9
Grottaglie, Italy
--Francesco OpenCode--

Italian Odoo (OpenERP) Modules Developer LINKEDIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/francescoapruzzese

Francesco OpenCode
On 9/23/13, 5:26 AM

Set the voice Privacy on All Users! It works for me!

Darius Donisanu
On 12/7/13, 5:04 AM

There might be a problem if you added a record rule - ['|',('user_id','=',False),('user_id','=',user.id)] - sometimes can affect some functions, especially if is global and not all inputs - read/create/detele/write - are marked. Uninstalling the module or deleting some groups are not viable solutions. Of course, you should put your project manager user as a Employee also. This might help. If you still have problems, contact me.

Regards, Darius.

Casper Madsen
On 9/22/13, 10:03 AM

It might be related to help.openerp.com/question/27651/why-is-there-no-team-members-to-add-in-project ?

On 9/26/13, 6:46 AM

Hi, I've try all of your solution, but my user still cannot create a project ... I really don't understand what's the problem here...

| 6 5 8
United Kingdom
On 9/23/13, 6:46 AM

1) I had this problem - Just removed "project" addon and re-installed - CAREFULL not sure ifyou will loose data!

2) Check the user is in Settings>Users>Groups - Search "Project" >Project / User AND Project/Manager

1) Could try removing and replacing the User

Are these values the same (right click and open new tab to view)

image description

image description

I've exactly the same configuration...

on 9/26/13, 10:31 AM
Akash Verma
On 5/15/14, 3:26 AM

Hi Guys !!

We are an IT development company based in India, We are Gold partners with Oracle and are experts in ERP implementation.

We have also developed a Mini ERP to meet the needs of the SME's.

We get very good reviews for our end-to-end IT services from our clients.

We can cater to any requirement in IT and that too in affordable prices.

Why should a modest budget mean you have to compromise on the quality of the services or products.

Do give us a call to discuss your needs and rest assured for the best services.

Best Regards,

Akash Verma

Sr. Business Development Manager

SRDT Pvt. Ltd.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 8/8/13, 5:44 PM
Seen: 3089 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM