Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

My user cannot create a project, even when he has privileges

By
Jaime
on 8/8/13, 5:44 PM 3,326 views

I have a user with Manager privileges to the project module. When the user tries to create a new project this error appears:

Access Denied

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Project, Operation: create)

What is the cause of this / how can I fix it?

Regards, Jaime

I've the some problem.

Francesco OpenCode
on 8/28/13, 4:37 PM
Yusuf
On 12/11/13, 3:33 AM

I had almost the same problem as you, except that in my case, the operation was read: (Document type: Project, Operation: read)

After going through some of the related issues, I had a look at the record rules (Settings --> Technical --> Security --> Record Rules), and I saw one named Public members. I edited it and unticked the Active field, and all my users can now create projects.

I think this record rule was created when I once activated the portal, but somehow when I deactivated it, the rule was not disabled/removed.

Francesco OpenCode

--Francesco OpenCode--
| 5 7 9
Grottaglie, Italy
--Francesco OpenCode--

Italian Odoo (OpenERP) Modules Developer LINKEDIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/francescoapruzzese

Francesco OpenCode
On 9/23/13, 5:26 AM

Set the voice Privacy on All Users! It works for me!

Darius Donisanu
On 12/7/13, 5:04 AM

There might be a problem if you added a record rule - ['|',('user_id','=',False),('user_id','=',user.id)] - sometimes can affect some functions, especially if is global and not all inputs - read/create/detele/write - are marked. Uninstalling the module or deleting some groups are not viable solutions. Of course, you should put your project manager user as a Employee also. This might help. If you still have problems, contact me.

Regards, Darius.

dariusgdonisanu@gmail.com

Casper Madsen
On 9/22/13, 10:03 AM

It might be related to help.openerp.com/question/27651/why-is-there-no-team-members-to-add-in-project ?

johnCogitae
On 9/26/13, 6:46 AM

Hi, I've try all of your solution, but my user still cannot create a project ... I really don't understand what's the problem here...

Cameron

--Cameron--
| 6 5 8
United Kingdom
--Cameron--
Cameron
On 9/23/13, 6:46 AM

1) I had this problem - Just removed "project" addon and re-installed - CAREFULL not sure ifyou will loose data!

2) Check the user is in Settings>Users>Groups - Search "Project" >Project / User AND Project/Manager

EDIT

1) Could try removing and replacing the User

EDIT 2

Are these values the same (right click and open new tab to view)

image description

image description

I've exactly the same configuration...

johnCogitae
on 9/26/13, 10:31 AM
Akash Verma
On 5/15/14, 3:26 AM

Hi Guys !!

We are an IT development company based in India, We are Gold partners with Oracle and are experts in ERP implementation.

We have also developed a Mini ERP to meet the needs of the SME's.

We get very good reviews for our end-to-end IT services from our clients.

We can cater to any requirement in IT and that too in affordable prices.

Why should a modest budget mean you have to compromise on the quality of the services or products.

Do give us a call to discuss your needs and rest assured for the best services.

Best Regards,

Akash Verma

Sr. Business Development Manager

SRDT Pvt. Ltd.

+91-8176047544

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/8/13, 5:44 PM
Seen: 3326 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM