This question has been flagged

Hello everyone.

I ran into a strange problem which I cannot figure out. I really hope you guys can help me. Here it is;

One of my employees added a sales order just like always, it was an order for cable. At the time, the current stock level of this cable was 61 units, but the customer ordered 75 of these units.

My employee confirmed the sale, he got the warning that there wasn’t enough stock.

Next, he needed to validate his delivery, the employee decided to ship the first 50 units, thinking he could simply ship the other 25 at a later date when the stock would be sufficient. Of course, after validating the delivery, the backorder was created just like everyone would expect. 

Now comes the strange part; When printing the delivery slip for the order we wanted to ship out (the 50 units), Odoo listed the ordered quantity as 61 units, and the delivered quantity as 50. Also, while working on validating the delivery order (so before the actual printing), the ‘to do’ amount wasn’t 75 but also 61. Under ‘to do’ he filled in the number ‘50’ because he wanted to ship 50 units on the first delivery.

It gets even worse when I printed (to verify my problem) the delivery slip for the backorder; We shipped 50 so the current stock level would be 61 - 50 = 11. After printing the delivery slip for the backorder (still just 11 in stock) the delivery slip states that the ordered qty is just 11. I can fully understand that at we simply can’t ship more than 11 at that time, but still, the ordered qty should state 25 on the backorder delivery slip, and 75 on the original delivery slip, right?

For testing purposes I updated the qty on hand, after re-computing stock levels the backorder did state 25 under ordered qty. This means that in ‘real life’ when my stock level actually rises, the backorder delivery slip will be correct. The main problem I have is with the ordered quantity on the non-backorder delivery slip, stating that the customer ordered just 61 units instead of the 75 that are on the sales order.

To summarize;

- The customer ordered 75 units

- At the time there were 61 units in stock

- The ‘to do’ field while validating the delivery (OUT) is equal to the stock amount (61)

- We shipped 50, simply because 61 is a strange number to ship

- The non-backorder delivery slip states that the ordered qty is 61

- The backorder delivery slip states that the ordered qty is 11 (until the stock sufficient and re-computed. Then it states the correct amount of 25).

Is this a common problem in Odoo? And how can I fix this?

I tried several approaches editing the ‘report_delivery_document’ XML file, but I can’t find the solution, and my XML knowledge is very limited…

Discard
Best Answer

Having exactly the same issue here.

Discard
Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue, makes no sense and trying different move.line fields didn't yield the correct response. V11 Enterprise.  

Discard