Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multiples databases with one server, is it possible?

By
Jaime
on 3/15/13, 8:29 AM 1,836 views

Hello...

I have installed OpenERP in my own server running CentOS. I have configured it and all is perfect, but I have installed the database without demo data.

Is it possible to create another database with demo data and to allow me to choose which database to load when I connect to the server? what is your advice with respect on this?

Notice that I don't want user to be able to change the database to work with, so I will not show the database combobox that appears at logon screen.

Regards, Jaime

Yannick Vaucher

--Yannick Vaucher--
| 5 7 9
Lausanne, Switzerland
--Yannick Vaucher--
Yannick Vaucher
On 3/15/13, 8:48 AM

The answer is yes. Just use the manage database link on login page.

image description

When you have multiple databases, you will have a list shown on top right.

Thanks, but I don't want the user to make the choice.

For example, if I create 2 subdomains, one http://myerp.domain.com and another http://demoerp.domain.com.

I want that when entering myerp.domain.com:8069, myerp database will be used automatically. On the other hand, when entering demoerp.domain.com:8069, demoerp should be used.

Logon screen will not show either databases dropdown list, or manage databases link.

Regards, Jaime

Jaime
on 3/15/13, 8:59 AM

As Yannick Vaucher said, this is the default functionality, you can work with multiple data bases on a single server. The way you want to do this, is the same as if you have only one database running. I am not sure how are you planning on doing this, without the logon screen, how are managing to access the system, even with a single db?

Lucio
on 3/15/13, 9:11 AM

@Jaime See the Olivier's answer in how-do-i-use-openerp-with-multiple-domains-on-single-server/ This should gives you some hints.

Camptocamp SA
on 3/15/13, 9:36 AM

Thanks Yannick! it worked!

Jaime
on 3/20/13, 11:40 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/15/13, 8:29 AM
Seen: 1836 times
Last updated: 3/24/16, 9:44 AM