Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multiple Users , One gateway or multiple email gateways ?

By
Mohammad Zi
on 7/18/13, 5:36 AM 877 views

Hi,

I have a list of openerp users who want to work with the system. they all wanted to use the efficient messaging of openerp but in the configuration part (setting menu) only admin can set the incomming/outgoing emails. Now admin asked everyone to give him their username and password to enter into this page which is something they do not want to share.

I think users should be able to define their own gateway. So I assume that users should have access rights to mail gateway configuration. [We did this]

Now problems:

1. If everyone has access to it then they can see other records as well.

2. In the outgoing/incoming message system, There is a priority system. so only one account has the lowest priority. in this case if I have my own email address "m_zi@company.com" and others have their own " riza@company.com" and both have defined their gateway then how openerp handle this ?

Do I need to define gateway for each users one by one ? Then does the system automatically send emails using the correct account ?

Thanks,

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/18/13, 5:36 AM
Seen: 877 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM