Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multiple users on same point of sale broke POS

By
Jethroso
on 4/16/13, 9:30 AM 4,059 views

If I understand correctly, each POS admits only one concurrent user. That is, if I want to have two point in a department I need two POS.

But now if I have (said user_1) on main pos in a physical selling point then in the other physical selling point the systems allow me to enter in the same pos (main) with another user... and then raises an exception (TypeError in models.js, "self.get(...) is undefined") which can't be recovered from the pos interface, leaving me with a blocked terminal showing the error (but can't press any button or going back).

If my first impression is right (only one user concurrent) why allows me to enter with other user? and if not, why this error?

Any suggestions? maybe I have to fill a bug?

Thanks

The same happened to me ...

Milena
on 4/26/13, 9:38 AM

One user per Pos Session: it is a matter of responsibility within your company; this is an "internal control" issue. Now, you should setup 2 "selling positions" (2 shops); each one having its own opened session.

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 4/26/13, 9:55 AM
Milena
On 4/26/13, 9:37 AM

The same happens to me ...

Sohail
On 6/4/13, 11:40 AM

=== modified file 'point_of_sale/point_of_sale.py' --- point_of_sale/point_of_sale.py 2012-12-06 14:56:32 +0000 +++ point_of_sale/point_of_sale.py 2013-01-17 12:08:40 +0000 @@ -290,7 +290,7 @@

_constraints = [
         (_check_unicity, "You cannot create two active sessions with the same responsible!", ['user_id', 'state']),
-        (_check_pos_config, "You cannot create two active sessions related to the same point of sale!", ['config_id']),
+        (_check_pos_config, "You cannot create two active sessions related to the same point of sale! Use not used point of sale", ['config_id']),
     ]

def create(self, cr, uid, values, context=None):

=== modified file 'point_of_sale/wizard/pos_session_opening.py' --- point_of_sale/wizard/pos_session_opening.py 2012-12-06 14:56:32 +0000 +++ point_of_sale/wizard/pos_session_opening.py 2013-01-17 12:08:40 +0000 @@ -88,6 +88,7 @@

session_ids = proxy.search(cr, uid, [
             ('state', '!=', 'closed'),
             ('config_id', '=', config_id),
+            ('user_id', '=', uid),
         ], context=context)
         if session_ids:
             session = proxy.browse(cr, uid, session_ids[0], context=context)

apply this patch in POS

also never try to start a new session without closing a previous session. This is a bug in POS that it cannot handle two sessions simultaneously. The above patch does not resolve the bug but prevents the system from breaking at any stage inside POS.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/16/13, 9:30 AM
Seen: 4059 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM