Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multiple unrelated companies

By
Harmstra
on 7/22/14, 7:39 AM 489 views

We'd like to use Odoo for our customers, for now only to store products.  My idea was to create a database for every company, because these companies are unrelated, i.e. they don't share data.  But our customers have very specific needs concerning the registration of the products. We will need to create specific attributes for this products, wich shouldn't be a problem. But if every company has its own database, we'll need to add these attributes to all databases.

I'd like to know if we really need to add these attributes to all databases, or is there a better/easier/more sustainable  way to do this?

Harmstra
On 7/25/14, 3:56 AM

Anyone else?

klacus
On 7/22/14, 10:35 AM

Theoretically:

• You cretate a modul for every company product atributes name like : custom_prod_attrs_all
  • and others for each company one by one like: custom_prod_attrs_company1, custom_prod_attrs_company2, custom_prod_attrs_company3.
  • You create a first database name like common and install all oyour common needs, with your specified modul custom_prod_attrs_all
  • You log out.
  • Backup the common database.
  • Restore database with name company1
  • Login to company1
  • Install your specified modul(s) with name comapny1 include custom_prod_attrs_company1
  • finish
  • logout
  • backup the common with name company2....snd so on.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/22/14, 7:39 AM
Seen: 489 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM