This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am running odoo 8.0 on a dedicated server. Problem is if in case internet connection goes down or slow, web interface of odoo becomes too much slow. I want to install odoo in local environement but sync with my online server. Is there any solution or guide to achive this task.

Discard
Best Answer

Dear Faheem,

This is possible using keepalived. (this is to switch to another server when one becomes unavailable)

Then create a script (using bash or any other programming language you are familiar with) which checks the database on the master server and when it changes copy contents to other server when available. The only problem is, when you are changing stuff and then the server becomes unavailable, because that work cannot be saved.

There are some solutions which work with a kind of local buffer and then when the external server comes up again it copies everything to that server and continues work online, sadly I can't name any. Maybe somebody else?

If you want more information, just contact me!

Discard
Author

Thanks for your quick response. As you describe local buffer. It seems good but you did not mention any thing. I hope some one else will guide me.