Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multiple Request for quote for one manufacturing order.

By
Ram S
on 3/29/13, 11:17 AM 1,303 views

I am trying to create a Stockable Product, Procurement Methd: Make to Order, Supply Method: Manufacture. I have created orderpoint Minimum=30 Maximum=0

Bill of Materials for this products contains another two products which has 0 Minumum and 0 Maximum Orderpoint.

When I Confirm Sales Order and Run Scheduler, I have Two Request for quote for the all items in Bill Of Materials.

I thought we should have only one request for quote for each item in Bill Of material. Can some one help me to understand?

Appreciate.

Thanks

CB
On 3/29/13, 5:32 PM

make_to_order /never/ looks at available stock. You have the first RFQ because the procurement for this product was set to make_to_order, so it literally created an order. You have the second RFQ because the scheduler noticed the orderpoint and created a RFQ for it.

To do what you probably want to do, set your product to make_to_stock. This will hit 'exception' because there is no inventory, and then the scheduler will check the orderpoint, notice < 30 stock, and create one RFQ for 40 (30 keep in stock + 10 you needed)

Thanks CB. I will verify the flow as per your suggestion and post my feedback. Thank you once again.

Ram S
on 3/31/13, 7:16 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/29/13, 11:17 AM
Seen: 1303 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM