Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multiple POS does not create sequence for each company

By
Thierry Godin
on 12/5/13, 5:04 PM 2,609 views

Hi all,

I created several companies , each one has its own warehouse, own shop and own POS.

If I connect to POS as "admin" (company_id = 1), orders are ok. no problem.

But if I login OpenERP as another user (with rights), orders are not sent to OpenERP.

I investigated, and saw that orders are created by py function create_from_ui() (point_of_sale.py - line 490). this function calls create() at line 663.

Again, create() tries to retrieve POS sequence :

values['name'] = self.pool.get('ir.sequence').get(cr, uid, 'pos.order')

But there is only one sequence recorded for company_id = 1, so the function returns "False".

In fact there should be one sequence pos.order for each company, and one sequence pos.orderline for each company too.

I fixed this by duplicating sequences for each company. All works fine now (Thanks to Julius)

My question :

Why OpenERP does note create these sequences when creating a new POS ?

Is there something special to do ?

Regards

Martin Trigaux (mat)

--Martin Trigaux (mat)--
| 6 4 7
Grand Rosiere, Belgium
--Martin Trigaux (mat)--

Community manager: help with the code and translations contributions from the community on GitHub and Transifex.

Developed the gamification module and is also now responsible of the documentation and Point of Sale.

Martin Trigaux (mat)
On 8/26/14, 10:36 AM

Hello,

You are right, there was a bug in the sequence generation. This was fixed in version 8 (see pull request)

Thank you for the info

Thierry Godin
on 8/26/14, 10:52 AM
Mama
On 10/17/14, 4:36 PM

But how setting shop in Ovoo 8? I want connect with prestashop, but sale.shop key error

Nanie BE
On 10/17/14, 8:34 AM

Hello, 

I have the same case in order to create a purchase order with mutli-company. When I login with one company the purchase order was numbered but if I login with the other the purhase order was not numbered.

I found this link https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/1010585 but I do not know where I insert this patch. 

Thanks

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/5/13, 5:04 PM
Seen: 2609 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM