Odoo Help

multiple models in one view (form view inside form view)

By
Mohamed
on 10/20/16, 8:54 AM 843 views

I have 3 models representing 3 levels of data but when viewing these models it has to be one view 

models are "Group Match", "Match" and "Match Details", group match is like a small league which has number of matches and each match has its details, group match and match has to be form views not tree in form

So I need to view all of these 3 models in one view (may be nested view)

note: group match has field one2many to match and match has one2many field to match details

Bejaoui Souheil
On 10/20/16, 12:34 PM

Hi Mohamed,

I don't think this is a good idea to concept you solution like that as by default you can open form view wizard from one2many relations.

But you may need this for some specific reasons, so I propose to do it using related fields.

In your model "Match Details" create related fields to the model "Match" and "Group Match".

class match_details(models.Model)    
    _name="match"
    [..]
    group_id = fields.Many2one('match.group')
    field_from_match = fields.Char()

_name="match"
    [..]
    group_id = fields.Many2one('match.group')
    field_from_match_group = fields.Char()

_name="match.details"
      [..]
    match_id = fields.Many2one('match')
    field_from_match = fields.Char(related="match_id.field_from_match")
    field_from_match_group = fields.Char(related="match_id.group_id.field_from_match_group")

When you create a form view for "Match Details", you can edit the two other models using this related fields.

Hope this help you.

best regards.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/20/16, 8:54 AM
Seen: 843 times
Last updated: 10/20/16, 12:34 PM