Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multiple language in openerp

By
Trong Danh
on 5/17/13, 4:59 AM 742 views

Main problem: I want to translate message to other language. I explain you: Having two ways to translate to other language: one is using file.csv; two is using file.po and file.pot. I should do follow what is one? How to translate via file.po and .pot? Can you guild me step by step?

I have two field: raise osv.except_ov(_('A'), _('B')) and msgalert = {'title':'C','message':'D'} val = {} val = { 'effective_date': '', } return {'value': val,'warning':msgalert} Why? when I export to file.csv contain A, B and not C, D.

Davide Corio

--Davide Corio--
| 4 3 7
Bricherasio, Italy
--Davide Corio--

Odoo Evangelist and Consultant

Davide Corio
On 5/17/13, 5:21 AM

Once your module is ready, you can export the .po file for your language via Configuration > Translations > Import/Export > Export Translation.

Then, you can edit the .po file using softwares like POEdit.

When you translated all the terms you just need to create an i18n folder inside you module folder and place the translated .po file there.

Run an upgrade of you module, refresh the page (sometimes you need to clean the browser's cache too) and you should see the translated labels.

? When I export the .po file field A, B not in it. This is code python: msgalert = {'title': 'A', 'message': 'B'}

Trong Danh
on 5/17/13, 6:55 AM

I know fix this bug. You can declare such as: msgalert = {'title':_('A'), 'message':_('B')}.

Trong Danh
on 5/17/13, 8:54 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/17/13, 4:59 AM
Seen: 742 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM