Odoo Help

multiple instances installation of Odoo on windows

By
Thicham
on 8/25/15, 6:23 AM 2,969 views

Hello there,
i want to install several instances of odoo 8 on the same machine runing windows 7.
any help please!
Thank You

@Axel Mendoza, thanks for help, but i still can't see it clear through your answer. can you please give more details! i'm on Windows and i've already installed Odoo

Thicham
on 8/25/15, 10:26 AM
Axel Mendoza
On 8/25/15, 7:02 AM

My advice is that you need to run Odoo from sources, then create many config files as instances you need, then execute Odoo from the command line using "--config C:\path\to\particular\config" varying the config file for every instance and in every config file you need to vary the option xmlrpc_port to launch that particular instance in a different port from the others

I'd like to thank you Axel, you gave me a piece of information I sought behind much time. I upvoted your answer

Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim
on 8/28/15, 4:30 PM

Thanks, Happy to help

Axel Mendoza
on 8/28/15, 5:06 PM
Thicham
On 8/25/15, 10:27 AM

hello there, i've resolved the problem.

So to start running multiple instances of odoo8 on the same machine follow these steps:
1- asuming you've already one instance of Odoo installed, so either you copy the folder "Odoo 8.0-xxxxxx" (which is in C:\programs files\) into another different folder, let's say "Odoo 8.0 copy" OR you download and install a new instance of it.
2- the main thing here is to give different values of ports numbers in the .config file of the second instance (Odoo 8.0 copy)

3- then you have to create a new windows service which will be assoctiated to the newly created instance:
     - run command prompt and run the following command: sc create service_name binPath= "C:\program files\Odoo 8.0 copy\service\win32_service.exe"

PS: notice that there must be a blank space after the equal sign (=) in the command line

that's all,, the newly service will be created in the registry and you can launch it from here: Start >> Services >> service_name

This answer accomplish the Axel's one. Axel's answer to run from source, you to run from the runtime version. Thx for you both

Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim
on 8/28/15, 4:31 PM
Benny Claes
On 10/23/15, 7:49 AM

I still get a interval server error

make sure you gave two different paths for data directory in openerp-server.conf. the default value for data_dir is like this: data_dir= C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Openerp SA. For the second instance give a different path such as: data_dir= C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Odoo-2

Thicham
on 10/23/15, 1:49 PM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/25/15, 6:23 AM
Seen: 2969 times
Last updated: 10/23/15, 7:49 AM