Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multiple eCommerce sites using eCommerce module in v9?

By
Sean Samborski
on 10/2/14, 10:28 PM 2,197 views

In v7, we were using Magento integration and could configure multiple Magento sites at different URLs and connect them all to our single instance of v7. This was perfect for the multi-company environment. Using the eCommerce module with v8, can we accomplish the same functionality? I have only installed the eCommerce module in a testing environment but so far I haven't seen anything that could do this.

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--
| 8 8 9
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
On 10/2/14, 11:05 PM

On the Odoo Open Days in June of this year, Fabien was asked and he said not yet but it is planned.

• Demo: what’s cool and new in Odoo (Part 1) (Part 2) – Fabien Pinckaers

I would not expect it before version 9 but who knows.

Thanks for the quick answer. That is what I feared but I think we can do some custom work and get it where we want. Thanks.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 10/2/14, 11:06 PM

Found the open days talk by Fabien for you to watch if you would like.

Stephen Mack
on 10/2/14, 11:18 PM

Thanks for the followup. You've been most helpful on a few of my questions this week.

on 10/2/14, 11:44 PM

No problem. Glad to help! Thanks for the vote up and for accepting my answer!

Stephen Mack
on 10/2/14, 11:46 PM
Kurt Haselwimmer
On 12/12/14, 4:09 AM

I have Odoo v8 setup as multiwarehouse and configured to work with multiple Opencart front ends using webkul's Opencart-Odoo bridge (https://store.webkul.com/Opencart-OpenERP-Connector.html) - we are just finishing testing a development of this that synchronises with Odoo-on-saas (i.e. no modules need to be installed at the Odoo end.) I suspect that we may be still waiting some time before odoo's ecommerce functionality can match what is available in magneto/prestashop/opencart - so this is a pragmatic alternative course of action for those with existing ecommerce frontends who wish to move onto Odoo (eg for the multiwarehouse capability).

Yeah we came to that conclusion as well. Just for Magento connectors and the like.

on 12/12/14, 1:32 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/2/14, 10:28 PM
Seen: 2197 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM