This question has been flagged

Our company is divided up into different divisions.  The divisions will share customer data and vendor data.  It looks like the best option is for multiple companies set up, but there might be a better way. Ideas appreciated. 

The issue is that each will need to have a separate website including ecommerce.

How would you recommend accomplishing this?

Brandon

Discard
Best Answer

There are multiple threads about this issue. A good summary of the actual situation was posted by Stephen Mack: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-setup-multiple-websites-in-odoo-v8-85509

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Sr. Yuri. I need a multi company and a multi website.

For example:                     

Domain
Company
a.domain.com
companyA
b.domain.com
companyB

Actually i configure a multicompnay and create 2 website. Configure nginx to use both domain, how can i define a different theme for each website.

Thanks very much.

Best Regards. 

Discard
Author Best Answer

I know that multi website is supposed to be in V9, but didn't know if there was anything yet.

Discard
Best Answer

I was looking for an answer like that for a while, finally I start doing my own because there is any thing like that. You can start by using product_brand and website_product_brand that you'll find on github. With little modifications you can build relations between brands and companies, and make possible this diferent ecommerce.

Write me if you wish

Discard