Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multiple BoMs and BoM structure

By
Gilles Lehoux
on 3/8/13, 12:21 AM 3,983 views

It's possible to have more than one BoM for a product. It's possible to print the BoM structure. When you add an item to a BoM and that item has more than one BoM, it won't ask you which BoM to use. When you ask it to print a BoM Structure, how is the system suppose to deal with multiple BoMs?

I have quite the same problem. When I add a product XXX to a BOM and, in the same time, have several BOM for this product XXX in the system, it seems that OpenERP is automatically loading the last one I have created. Is it possible to choose and select the BOM I want for this building ? (Having several BOM for the same product is required when you have different way to manufacture a product.) thanks in advance for your help...

Savoir-Faire Linux, Pierre Lamarche
on 5/24/13, 5:51 PM
Sid
On 4/18/13, 7:22 AM

On BoM there is fields called Properties which uses to differentiate the composition to be used.

Please check and let me know if more explanation is needed.

Marc Cassuto

--Marc Cassuto--
| 4 4 8
Montreal, Canada
--Marc Cassuto--

Marc Cassuto
On 10/11/13, 2:36 PM

multi-BoM.png

the attached picture from OpenERP shows the option to get different BoM for a product depending of any properties.

Once configured, the system will select the right BoM to use according to the properties specified on the sale order and the BoM.

Marc

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/8/13, 12:21 AM
Seen: 3983 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM