Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
There are multiple ways to backup Database. Namely
- Backup from the Web client: Before login go to Database and create Backup Manually
- Auto Backup Module: Install Auto Backup Module and Schedule automatically
- Run Bash shell Script: Create a shell script and dump PostgresSQL database
My Questions are a. I need a reliable backup. If any issues I can restore and run smoothly. Is their any difference between the above 3. b. For Shell script we need to stop server. What is server runs 24x7 (Example manufacturing environment) and we can't stop the server. What are the best option?
Three backups you mentioned are not sufficient. They are the easy part ....
You forget a very important thing: YOU NEED ALSO A BACKUP OF YOUR SOFTWARE If something break your software you need to repair or reinstall. If your Hardware fails you need to reinstall your software.
For these things I have:
- All installables including modules added scripts, added libraries, etc. Including descriptions of how to install.
- An identical hardware / software installation.
- An identical virtual machine with the OS and software installation.
- You need to test restore of database on a regular basis.
- You need to test recovery of OS and Hardware on a regular basis.
Chances are... something will go wrong with your server before going wrong with the database. So first I would take a look at backing up and restoring the server, specially the OpenERP server installation. Then I would backup the database with pg_dump, that does a pretty good job in backing up your database.
Now, if you need 24/7 availability, try replicating your database. PostgreSQL does a good job in replicating your DB
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 3/30/13, 5:00 PM|
|Seen: 2765 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|