This question has been flagged
2 Replies

My requirement is to allow any account_move_line entry to have protentially (but not always) more than one analytic account.

Looking at the above module, it seems to rely on a known distribution between any two analytic accounts. So if I have two departments (AKL, WGN) and two projects (PRO1, PRO2) I need to create distribtions as follows: AKL - ie akl only no project WGN - ie wgn only no project PRO1 - ie project1 only, no department PRO2 - ie project2 only, no department AKL PRO1 - AKL depatment revenue/costs for project1 AKL PRO2 - AKL department revenue/costs for project2 WGN PRO1 - WGN department revenue/costs for project1 WGN PRO2 - WGN department revenue/costs for project2

The correct distribution_id is then added to the account_move_line.

Is my understanding correct or is there another way of approaching this.

Also in testing this I then looked at the Chart of Analytic Accounts which had no entries despite the entries being posted and appearing in the normal chart of accounts. Is this known behaviour?

Discard
Best Answer

Dear Friend,

I setup based on what you said above, but if I create invoice in Purchases module and validate the invoice, analytic distribution not transfer to Accounting module.

What should I do for that?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks to OpenERP I now have an answer.

The key is to create a view only master analytic account for each split element. So using the above example: Projects View Only Project 1 Parent=Projects Project 2 Parent=Projects

Branches View Only AKL Parent=Branches WGN Parent=Branches

Setup required (same for sales & purchases): 1. In settings/purchases tick 'Use multiple accounts on purchase orders' 2. Accounting/Configuration/Analytic Accounts/Analytic Journals - add as required 3. Create the analytic accounts as shown above - having the view account is the critical element. 4. Under Accounting/Configuration/Analytic Accounting/MultiPlans/Analytic Plans create a plan and add two lines (assuming as in my case you want two distributions). For my example, plan name=projects, root account=projects(ie the parent view account), min=0, max=100. repeat for the second plan 5. Accounting/Configuration/Journals/Journal - for whatever journal you are using the analytic distribution with, you need to add both the analytic journal and the analytic plan.

Now to use - under accounting/suppliers/supplier invoices create a new. on the line click into the analytic distribution field and create new - add the distribution required and validate the invoice.

Now look in the analytic chart of accounts to confirm the posting.

Discard