Odoo Help

Multicompany setup using multiple databases?

By
santhosh
on 2/10/15, 12:38 AM 1,448 views

Hi,

I want to setup multicompany in odoo. i need to do tis using multiple databases mean there are different databases like db1,db2,db3 ..

now i need to setup db1 as a parent company for both db2 and db3.... how can i do this i know creating multicompany with single database i wanna to do this for multiple databases..

can any one help me....

Thanks In Advance..

Juan José Scarafía
On 2/10/15, 9:44 AM

Hi santhosh,

I think its not necessary to create many databases. With one database, you can manage all your companies, independents one of another.

Regards,

Juan José - Ing ADHOC

Exactly. Santhosh you should just create multiple companies in one Odoo database..

Yenthe
on 2/10/15, 9:53 AM

Thanks Mr.Juan José Scarafía and Mr.Yenthe...

santhosh
on 2/11/15, 3:59 AM
Miguel Guerrero
On 8/31/17, 11:18 AM

Hi Santhosh, Juan José, what are the differences between setting different companies with separate databases and different companies within the same database?

An accounting company is interested in using Odoo for its clients and we have to decide what option is the most time and cost saving. 

What are the restrictions with a one database environment?

I appreciate every input to give us more lights on where to move on.

Best, 

Miguel 

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/10/15, 12:38 AM
Seen: 1448 times
Last updated: 8/31/17, 11:18 AM