Odoo Help

4 Answers
Justin Chen
12/2/19, 10:05 PM

For whoever looking for the answer in the future.  I found the solution.  There's a solution only requiring changing the configuration of warehouse for both 2-step and 3-step routing.  

"warehouse" has "location", and "route".  The "route" is to control how products are procured in-between "location"  
Each "route" can have multiple "rule", by default they have only 1.

For example, by default, Receive in 2 steps (input + stock) is configured "rule" of "Push & Pull".  

"Push" is when WH/Input has a incoming product, it will create an internal transfer from WH/Input to WH/Stock.  

"Pull" is when WH/Stock has a demand, it will create an internal transfer from WH/Input to WH/Stock, and therefore causes mis-matched quantity if the RFQ is edited latter on.

Solution:  Under the 2-step route, change from "Push & Pull" to "Push", so when PO is manually confirmed or when Edited RFQ is confirmed, internal transfer is generated. At this point, the RFQ is not generated.  
Because the rule "Pull" generates the internal transfer from WH/Input to WH/Stock.  And the route "Buy", which contains rule "Buy" set Destination location on WH/Input, see this internal transfer, therefore generates RFQ.  
Adding another rule "Buy" set Destination location on WH/Stock under the 2-step route will solve the problem.  When Manufacturing Order generated according to BoM, the demanding quantity for completing it occurs. This demand due to rule "Buy" will create RFQ. In cases the RFQ is edited or created separately, once it is confirmed, due to rule "Push", Receipt and Internal transfer both are generated. This way WH/Input won't have leftover.  

For now the only work around solution,

- Activate "Show Detailed Operations" from picking type

- in the second step unreserve the all quantity

- Unlock the picking

- change initial demand to 15

- Save, Check Availability and process

thanks.

3 Comments
Justin Chen
12/2/19, 5:12 AM

Thx for reply, in this case I will be adding to Manufacturing order which will be produced.

I was hoping to just stock materials(A&B), not producing them to be C.

Pinakin Nayi (Certified V11, V12) India
12/2/19, 7:32 AM

I understand. but the reorder rule with 0 consider in this manner(PO incoming generated based on requirement generated ).

Justin Chen
12/2/19, 10:10 PM

Hi, thank you very much for looking into my case. I finally figured it out and posted the result.

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now