Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multi-step product price calculation

By
Johnny Xu
on 8/30/16, 1:15 PM 273 views

I am looking for a point in the right direction on how to extend on the current invoice system, specifically on how it calculates price based on quantity.

Our business is in the Floor/Tile industry and products are usually sold per square feet.

qty = 1 would be 1sqft

However most tile is sold per box and not per square feet so I need to be able to check how many boxes a customer needs and adjust quantity and total to that number.

For example: A customer wants to purchase 20sqft of Tile

Each piece of Tile is 1.5sqft

Each box of Tile has 10 pieces in it, so a box of Tile is 15sqft

When I type in 20 as the quantity, I want to have the function check if a box of tile has enough sqft. If it does not, it needs to suggest purchasing 2 boxes for 30sqft and change the quantity variable to 30 and adjust the price accordingly.

I can program the functions, but I am completely out of my depth in regards to tying it into an exisiting framework such as odoo.

Thanks, any help or suggestion will be appreciated. 

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 8/31/16, 2:51 AM

You don't need to program that, you can use Odoo's standard functionality concerning UoS, UoM, UoP and BoM. This could give you a hint: https://www.twanda.ch/slides/slide/wine-by-the-glass-selling-in-different-units-of-measure-9     

If you sell in sqft, you need to define a BoM which converts sqft to number of tiles and in a second step you can convert tiles to boxes. You have to define which unit is your stockkeeping unit (tiles or boxes). This should give you the directions.

The way our transactions are done, we can sell a lot of boxes, it would be impractical to premake all the variants unfortunately. Our current system works by checking how many boxes would satisfy the input quantity and then adjust the quantity to the exact amount in the necessary amount of boxes.

Johnny Xu
on 9/1/16, 9:11 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/30/16, 1:15 PM
Seen: 273 times
Last updated: 8/31/16, 3:06 AM