This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello all,

I want to configure multiprocessing set up (workers,limit-memory-hard,limit-memory-soft etc.....) .
For one instance on single i already know ,how to do.
But let's say i have 4 projects running on same server for how do i define multiprocessing for that ?
How much worker for each project ,how much memory hard/soft?
and anything else i need to take care of ?

Discard
Best Answer

Use multiple docker containers for each project and set the workers and memory for each container

How to use Odoo docker image

This image requires a running PostgreSQL server.

Start a PostgreSQL server

$ docker run -d -e POSTGRES_USER=odoo -e POSTGRES_PASSWORD=odoo -e POSTGRES_DB=postgres --name db postgres:10

Start an Odoo instance

$ docker run -p 8069:8069 --name odoo --link db:db -t odoo

The alias of the container running Postgres must be db for Odoo to be able to connect to the Postgres server.

Stop and restart an Odoo instance

$ docker stop odoo
$ docker start -a odoo

Stop and restart a PostgreSQL server

When a PostgreSQL server is restarted, the Odoo instances linked to that server must be restarted as well because the server address has changed and the link is thus broken.

Restarting a PostgreSQL server does not affect the created databases.

Run Odoo with a custom configuration

The default configuration file for the server (located at /etc/odoo/odoo.conf) can be overriden at startup using volumes. Suppose you have a custom configuration at /path/to/config/odoo.conf, then

$ docker run -v /path/to/config:/etc/odoo -p 8069:8069 --name odoo --link db:db -t odoo

Please use this configuration template to write your custom configuration as we already set some arguments for running Odoo inside a Docker container.

You can also directly specify Odoo arguments inline. Those arguments must be given after the keyword -- in the command-line, as follows

$ docker run -p 8069:8069 --name odoo --link db:db -t odoo -- --db-filter=odoo_db_.*

Mount custom addons

You can mount your own Odoo addons within the Odoo container, at /mnt/extra-addons

$ docker run -v /path/to/addons:/mnt/extra-addons -p 8069:8069 --name odoo --link db:db -t odoo

Run multiple Odoo instances

$ docker run -p 8070:8069 --name odoo2 --link db:db -t odoo
$ docker run -p 8071:8069 --name odoo3 --link db:db -t odoo

Please note that for plain use of mails and reports functionalities, when the host and container ports differ (e.g. 8070 and 8069), one has to set, in Odoo, Settings->Parameters->System Parameters (requires technical features), web.base.url to the container port (e.g. 127.0.0.1:8069).

Environment Variables

Tweak these environment variables to easily connect to a postgres server:

• HOST: The address of the postgres server. If you used a postgres container, set to the name of the container. Defaults to db.
  • PORT: The port the postgres server is listening to. Defaults to 5432.
  • USER: The postgres role with which Odoo will connect. If you used a postgres container, set to the same value as POSTGRES_USER. Defaults to odoo.
  • PASSWORD: The password of the postgres role with which Odoo will connect. If you used a postgres container, set to the same value as POSTGRES_PASSWORD. Defaults to odoo.

Docker Compose examples

The simplest docker-compose.yml file would be:

version: '2'
services:
  web:
    image: odoo:12.0
    depends_on:
      - db
    ports:
      - "8069:8069"
  db:
    image: postgres:10
    environment:
      - POSTGRES_DB=postgres
      - POSTGRES_PASSWORD=odoo
      - POSTGRES_USER=odoo

If the default postgres credentials does not suit you, tweak the environment variables:

services:
  web:
    depends_on:
      - mydb
    ports:
    environment:
    - HOST=mydb
    - USER=odoo
    - PASSWORD=myodoo
  mydb:
    environment:
      - POSTGRES_DB=postgres
      - POSTGRES_PASSWORD=myodoo
      - POSTGRES_USER=odoo

Here's a last example showing you how to mount custom addons, how to use a custom configuration file and how to use volumes for the Odoo and postgres data dir:

services:
  web:
    depends_on:
      - db
    ports:
    volumes:
      - odoo-web-data:/var/lib/odoo
      - ./config:/etc/odoo
      - ./addons:/mnt/extra-addons
  db:
    environment:
      - POSTGRES_DB=postgres
      - POSTGRES_PASSWORD=odoo
      - POSTGRES_USER=odoo
      - PGDATA=/var/lib/postgresql/data/pgdata
    volumes:
      - odoo-db-data:/var/lib/postgresql/data/pgdata
volumes:
  odoo-web-data:
  odoo-db-data:

To start your Odoo instance, go in the directory of the docker-compose.yml file you created from the previous examples and type:

docker-compose up -d

Discard
Author

Thank you so much for writing the solution. I was wondering , if it is possible with out docker ? Because I have already projects running . And i don't want to change everything on docker .