Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multi- level BOM Component BOM Deletion

By
Patrick
on 3/20/13, 12:58 PM 1,561 views

If you delete a component BOM from a Parent BOM it completely deletes the component BOM as opposed to converting back to a Parent BOM, This is incredibly dangerous, is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 3/20/13, 8:37 PM

Unless I didn't understand your statement it sounds logical to me. If you cut the branch of a tree, all the branches attached afterwards will fall to the ground.

You should change the parent of the components that are pointing to the branch you want to delete, then delete the component you want to delete. You can easily find the components to modify beforehand with an advanced filter on "parent".

I agree that is logical, but the child branches (components) attached to the cut branch remain attached ie. it should remain a single BOM. where in this case they do not, it disappears into thin air. I understand you can change the parent of the child, but I find it dangerous that you can easily delete the entire child even though that may not have been the intent. I feel it should become a BOM without a parent.

Patrick
on 3/21/13, 9:20 AM

Ah, I understand your point. Maybe you should try in the analytic account structure to see if the same occurs. If the analytic accounts behave the way you want, then I would conclude that there are relationships to BoMs that prevent of leaving the children without a parent.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 3/23/13, 1:15 AM

Can you help me with Multi level BOM setup? Any documentation or information to setup Multi level BOM is appreciated

Michael LeoValan
on 7/2/13, 7:17 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/20/13, 12:58 PM
Seen: 1561 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM