This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Suppose a company issues invoices in its local currency (say EUR) and in a foreign currency (say USD).

What are the pros and cons of each of the following alternatives:

• Use a single Sales Journal with no currency set and write all the sales moves in this unique sales Journal.
  • Create 2 accounts, one in EUR and one in USD, and one Sales Journal for each account. Write the moves for the USD invoices in the USD journal and the EUR invoices in the EUR journal.

It just seems like using a single journal is less complicated, specially that when Odoo creates an invoice from a Sales Order, it expects that the company only has one single Sales Journal...

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, I'm a little bit late, I'm thinking how to register my invoices, currently we are using two different journals for each currency, but the only reason is.. because the USD invoices have its own sequence, very different from the MXN sequence we are following, but I found some weird behaviour, that when I paid a couple USD invoices... some invoices in the MXN journal appear to be paid, when I did nothing there, doesn't even says when it was paid, I'm trying to figure out how we can manage this in a single journal, but like you say... I'm trying to find the pros and cons of each concept.

Hopefully someone helps out here, I'm not an accounting expert.

Discard