Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multi Currency Sales and Purchase Analysis not in base currency?

By
Kevin
on 5/29/14, 12:32 PM 1,678 views

We've been evaluating odoo using multi-currency and looking at the (excellent) Reporting > Sales Analysis and Reporting > Purchase Analysis tools the amounts are all in the currency of the orders so in our case USD orders and GBP are mixed in together which makes the analysis based on different currencies meaningless.  Is there any way to get the Analysis (and other reporting functions) to work in base (GBP) currency for the information to be relevent?

Thanks and appreciate the reply Fabrice.  Being new to odoo would the process be to download and install the update?  Sorry, I have no idea how to install the update onto our version of the software, is it complicated?  Are there any step by step instructions on how to apply the update?

Kevin
on 6/25/14, 9:04 AM

Ive been looking at the branch to try the alternate Sales Analysis to get the analysis all in base currency. To install the update is the procedure to get the relevant module, (in this case I think this is sale_report.py and sale_report_view.xml) overwrite the existing files and restart the openERP server as this doesn't appear to change the analysis or do I have to do something completely different? Any help on installing a branch appreciated!

Kevin
on 6/25/14, 9:14 AM

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 5/29/14, 12:55 PM

Unfortunately, no. It's a limitation right now. But I think there is a branch that supports multi-currency in analyses here (not tested): https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/trunk-currency-dedication-in-analysis-report-tpa It might come in v8 or later.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/29/14, 12:32 PM
Seen: 1678 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM