This question has been flagged

Hello,

Same case in Odoo 10 and 11 community version.

I try to understand why Odoo work like that. I have a company using $CAD as base currency. I have $USD as foreign currency. I have a bank account, journal and account in charts of account all in $USD. I create a purchase in USD and pay it from my USD bank account.

When I generate my general ledger, the debit/credit and balance of my USD account  are converted in my base currency ($CAD). Why it's not in shown in the account currency??

I try to validate the balance of my $USD bank account with my GL and I can not because it's shown in $CAD...

Thanks,

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Evans

Does the USD currency connected to a company as a base currency? If yes you can login with this company and you will see all of your transactions an reports have been converted to USD currency, take care of exchange rates conversion

If not you will see a hidden field in tree views in multiple places called "amount_currency" showing the amount in its based currency, for reports as I told you, you have to login with a company with its base currency 

Discard
Author Best Answer

Finally, on report "report_generalledger", I saw that when the field "amount_currency" (it contains a value when the account_move_line is not in base currency) is greater than 0.00, the value is displayed. So, in my bank account, when I pay a supplier, it's a credit so the amount is under 0.00, it's why it's not displayed. Does anyone know why? If there is a value, it should be always shown!!?!
Thanks

Discard