This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am thinking about a multi-company setup. This because the companies all need the same localisation parameters. They are all very small companies. I want to save cost and time for systems management and OPW. Every company has its own (part time) user. Companies are no sisters, parent or child companies. There are no shared contacts.

It is nice if users can communicate via OpenERP.

Is this possible? Does this complicate more than it solves? Is this a good idea?

Discard
Best Answer

If your problem is applying the same localization settings to each company, why not create a custom module that installs/ updates all the settings?

I think a custom module would be much easier than a shared multi company installation.

If you want to have multiple companies working on the same server, you can install a different database for each one.

The custom module can be applied to each database via the CLI, making to very easy to administer the databases.

There are also security concerns with different companies using the same database.

Discard
Author

Thank you for this answer, but... I am not a programmer so I can't write a module. I don't understand why a multi-company should be difficult, please explain the difficulties. Each database is an OPW contract, this is too expensive. I have no security concerns, users trust each other total.