Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multi-company subscription rule on source document (fields.reference)?

By
Danny W. Adair
on 10/7/14, 7:50 PM 725 views

How can I show only those subscriptions where the user is allowed to access the source document?

I'm a little surprised that this is not the default behaviour for multi-company setups.

I'd like to allow a group of users to look at "their" subscriptions (recurring invoices), i.e. subscriptions where the source document (invoice) belongs to their company (or one of their companies, or blank).

I've given them the tools menu, Read permission on subscription, subscription document, subscription history and ir.cron. Now they see all subscriptions, and when they try to export them incl. the "Source Document" field, there's an Access Denied on the invoices (source documents) they don't have access to. By the way, this exception is not shown to the user, clicking "Export" just seemingly does nothing.

"doc_source" of  a subscription is a fields.reference, not an invoice, and I don't know how to set up the corresponding rule that resolves the reference to look at the invoice. I'd like to achieve this without creating a new addon.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/7/14, 7:50 PM
Seen: 725 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM