This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I am a contract warehouse and manufacturing company. 

I store and manufacture products for our customers. 

We find the best way to handle multiple customers with different charges is to create a multi company environment where my company is the parent company. 

We have four large warehouses. 

We have the situation where multi companies share one warehouse. 

Can Odoo handle this environment. I am struggling to find even a developer who can manage to program this. 

All I get is that this is impossible  

Any pointers? 

Discard
Best Answer

Did you find a solution for this case?

Discard
Author

Yes. Took me while. No one was doing the same.

We used a multi company set up. One company for each customer. Then a parent company as us.

There was a modification you can make so that the parent company can control stock of all the children companies. Here: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-display-all-child-company-product-s-in-the-parent-company-inventory-master-data-156814

That seems to work well.

Thanks, we have a similar case.

Author Best Answer

Hi. Thanks for this. 

However I struggled to make it work in our situation. 

We have 50 companies storing in our warehouse. 

Each company has different storage rates. Storage locations are dedicated to each customer. However legislation requirements for storage of hazardous materials means that I have to also be able to run a report of stock across all customers in each warehouse.

I can Also create duplicate storage location for each customer. But our warehouse has over 500 locations, to do this for 50 companies would be near impossible.

So is contract warehousing and manufacturing  just not possible with Odoo? 

You can share product ranges and share contact lists. Surely it wouldn’t be too complex to share a warehouse. I would think this is fairly normal.

cheers,

Discard
Best Answer

I am not sure I understand your query proper. May be you can use consignee stock. Per customer you can create separate location and assign owner as customer/company.

So, mechanism like your customers are storing goods in your warehouse and in your warehouse you allocate one bin/location to your customer.

Discard
Best Answer

you can refer below links which has the discussion about that concept.

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/one-warehouse-several-stores-204

Discard