Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multi company share sale journals and chart of accounts

By
Anders Wallenquist
on 8/29/14, 6:12 AM 1,945 views

I can't get multi company to work.

1) I want to have a "master" company where I administer chart of accounts, periods, journals to be shared with many "child"-companies

2) users of a child should not be able to see or generate transactions in other child companies

General settings: Manage multiple companies checked

Invoiceing: Select company Master company "this company has its own chart of account" checked, unchecked for "child"-company (I have tried with uncheck for all companies too)

I have tried a company structure where master are patent to child and reverse.

Record rules:

Journal multi-company ['|',('company_id','=',False),('company_id','child_of',[user.company_id.id])]

(does this mean that journal.company_id (master company) has to be child to user.company_id (child company)? A user of child can list journals belonging to master when master has child as parent, but not when the child company have master as parent.)

sale.py:

journal_ids = self.pool.get('account.journal').search(cr, uid,
            [('type', '=', 'sale'), ('company_id', '=', order.company_id.id)],
            limit=1)
 if not journal_ids:
            raise osv.except_osv(_('Error!'),
                _('Please define sales journal for this company: "%s" (id:%d).') % (order.company_id.name, order.company_id.id))

account_incoice.py:

company_id = self._context.get('company_id', self.env.user.company_id.id)
        domain = [
            ('type', 'in', filter(None, map(TYPE2JOURNAL.get, inv_types))),
            ('company_id', '=', company_id),
        ]
        return self.env['account.journal'].search(domain, limit=1)

accounts = self.env['account.account'].search([('name', '=', line.account_id.name), ('company_id', '=', company_id)])

I cant see that its possible to be a user of the child company and use master chart of account or journal.

Carlos Yanez
On 3/3/15, 10:59 PM

Hello Ander,

Please, have you gotten some anwers for this question anywhere else? Could you shared it?

Thanks in advance!

CarlosY

Alain Vanzella
On 3/9/15, 5:47 AM

Hello,

Any move on this issue and a way to share a chart of accounts (including taxes) with multi-company setup?

Regards,
Alain

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/29/14, 6:12 AM
Seen: 1945 times
Last updated: 5/31/15, 11:32 AM