This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I can't get multi company to work.

1) I want to have a "master" company where I administer chart of accounts, periods, journals to be shared with many "child"-companies

2) users of a child should not be able to see or generate transactions in other child companies

General settings: Manage multiple companies checked

Invoiceing: Select company Master company "this company has its own chart of account" checked, unchecked for "child"-company (I have tried with uncheck for all companies too)

I have tried a company structure where master are patent to child and reverse.

Record rules:

Journal multi-company ['|',('company_id','=',False),('company_id','child_of',[user.company_id.id])]

(does this mean that journal.company_id (master company) has to be child to user.company_id (child company)? A user of child can list journals belonging to master when master has child as parent, but not when the child company have master as parent.)

sale.py:

journal_ids = self.pool.get('account.journal').search(cr, uid,
            [('type', '=', 'sale'), ('company_id', '=', order.company_id.id)],
            limit=1)
 if not journal_ids:
            raise osv.except_osv(_('Error!'),
                _('Please define sales journal for this company: "%s" (id:%d).') % (order.company_id.name, order.company_id.id))

account_incoice.py:

company_id = self._context.get('company_id', self.env.user.company_id.id)
        domain = [
            ('type', 'in', filter(None, map(TYPE2JOURNAL.get, inv_types))),
            ('company_id', '=', company_id),
        ]
        return self.env['account.journal'].search(domain, limit=1)

accounts = self.env['account.account'].search([('name', '=', line.account_id.name), ('company_id', '=', company_id)])

I cant see that its possible to be a user of the child company and use master chart of account or journal.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Ander,

Please, have you gotten some anwers for this question anywhere else? Could you shared it?

Thanks in advance!

CarlosY

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

Any move on this issue and a way to share a chart of accounts (including taxes) with multi-company setup?

Regards,
Alain

Discard