Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multi company for contact?

By
Bonnet Denis
on 3/13/13, 7:11 AM 2,602 views

I have many contacts who work in several companies with different job position.

How can I link a person with several companies? Can I use multi-company for that(Personally I work with a single company system)?

In this case, a contact can't be a CEO of several companies?(this is the main problem of my company)

Is this contacts are user of system (like admin) or just a contact like in customer ???

Parth Gajjar
on 3/13/13, 8:55 AM

they are customers. some have the same email address in several companies but a few of them have different address.

Bonnet Denis
on 3/13/13, 9:31 AM

If they are customer(not User) then first thing multi-company will not help. In V6.1 version object called res.partner.address help to link multiple address to customer But in V7 res.partner.address removed. So you can't link multiple address with customer. But you can link multiple contact with customer company if Is Company is True

Parth Gajjar
on 3/13/13, 10:14 AM

So I've to set a real person to a company? Will I have no problem with this solution(ex: n° siren/siret in french localisation)?

Bonnet Denis
on 3/13/13, 10:24 AM

No this is not a good solution

Parth Gajjar
on 3/14/13, 2:19 AM

I checked this one .... but i can't download app for trunk. But may be it will be available shortly.Read description from this link Base Contact App

Parth Gajjar
on 3/14/13, 2:46 AM

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)

--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 1 4
Ahmedabad, India
--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--

- Around 7+ years of strong experience in Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) which is world's largest Open Source Business Applications driven by CEO Fabien Pinckaers. - Played key role in developing and maintaining various Odoo Product modules and integrating them on Open Source ERP Environment. - Experience on Scrum methodology for project management - Experience in Team Building - Quick Start Implementations. - Worked on almost all versions (4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, SAAS, Trunk(8.0)...) of Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) . Specialities: Odoo Business Process And OpenERP Implementation. Odoo Application Support and Maintenance. Odoo Technical & Functional Training. Business Process Mapping & Gap Analysis (Functional and Technical Analysis)

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
On 4/3/13, 10:19 AM

Hi Denis,

If I am not getting your wrong than the I would like to suggest something.

If you go to contract in OpenERP you will find customer (Here you can select Customer/Contact) and Company. So you can link person belongs to two company here by selecting respected company.

Regards, Mustufa Rangwala.

Did you said "contract" or "contact" ? In V7 I didn't find contract menu and If you said "contact" I don't understand where Is the option to "link person belongs to two company here by selecting respected company."

Bonnet Denis
on 4/3/13, 10:41 AM

I say Contract (Sales/Sales/Contracts). You need to enable settings for "Contracts Management" under Settings/Sales to see that menu.

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
on 4/3/13, 10:52 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/13/13, 7:11 AM
Seen: 2602 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM