Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multi-Company Configuration and Use for 2 Sibling Companies w/o sharing data

By
Andrew Reilley
on 4/17/15, 9:53 AM 583 views

My company (Company A) has been using Odoo v7 with great success primarily for Project Management and CRM.  We recently partnered with another group and created company B.  I added Company B in Odoo leaving the parent field blank so my company structure is:

Company A
Company B

Some employees of Company A should be able to switch to Company B and see that data.  NO employees of Company B will have access to Company A and should never see that data. 

Right now If you are in Company B you only see the projects for Company B and you only see the Customers in Company B.  The problem, making the solution unusable is that users of Company B can see ALL of Company A's leads and opportunities (perhaps more) even though they were not given access to Company A and do not have Usability->Multi-Company selected.   To be clear it is absolutely essential that Company B only user do not have access to Company A, cannot see any Company A data.  How do I do this?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/17/15, 9:53 AM
Seen: 583 times
Last updated: 4/17/15, 9:53 AM