Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multi-Company accounting: Group child company invoices/bills and pay through parent company bank ("Cannot create moves between different companies")

By
User198605
on 1/6/15, 9:40 AM 2,843 views

In Multi-Company environment, I have a parent company and 2 child companies.  I created a Bank account for parent comapny.  When I purchase some products and sale some products at child company level, all Orders, Invoices will be created at child level only.  However, the money must flow into/from parent comapny.  

So I would like to group child companies' invoices (Belongs to same supplier) into one invoice of parent company and pay from parent company's bank.

There must be a way that I will buy from sub company and pay from main company.  However, I am missing some thing.  Please guide me.

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 2/16/15, 5:41 AM

Normally inter-company transfer is a very sensitive area in accounting (usually related to transfer pricing) and hence are not allowed to be performed directly (meaning having entries in one journal in different company).  GAAP even have special section for Intercompany transfer.  So, in your case, it need to be viewed as 2 transactions happening separately of each other.  One is from a company to the partner (either supplier and/or customer), and both need to have invoice and payment.  Another is transfer of "asset" between the company.  Depending on which company you choose to handle the external transacations, the "asset" can be money collected on behalf of, or a intercompany sales.  Best is to check with accountant with knowledge of accounting rules in the jurisdiction where transaction occurs.

Thank you @Ivan. This really helped me.

User198605
on 2/17/15, 5:59 AM
Rajive C N
On 2/13/15, 11:18 AM

At present there seems to be no fecility to do your requirment through Odoo directly.

I could not find any option to pass accounting entries from one company to another compay by single journal in odoo.

You need to create corresponding related company accounts in each company and pass entries manualy. 

Thank you for your comments Rajive.

User198605
on 2/14/15, 1:12 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/6/15, 9:40 AM
Seen: 2843 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM