Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multi Company??????

By
Udari
on 6/12/14, 11:53 PM 803 views

Do I need to create the super parent company first??

Jagdish Panchal

--Jagdish Panchal--
| 5 3 6
Gandhinagar, India
--Jagdish Panchal--

OpenERP Developer

Jagdish Panchal
On 6/12/14, 11:57 PM

Hi,

No need to create super parent company first, just assing paren comapany id as per your requirement.

Thanks

thanks

Udari
on 6/30/14, 4:50 AM
Antonio M. Vigliotti
On 6/13/14, 4:15 AM

What is your goal?

if you with share some data i.e. account of chart, I think you should create parent company.

Companies can inherit data from parent company and parent company can summarize data of child companies.

You can create a customer on parent company that is visible on all child companies. Warning: if child companies have different chart of account you must check for receivable account. It is just an example. You meet trouble if child companies have different chart of account. Another big difficult is isolate 2 child companies. You have to look carefully at security rulese and I am afraid you should change some of them.

Check carefully, multi-company has some bug.

Antonio Maria Vigliotti

What we can do with the parent-child relationship of open erp??

Udari
on 6/13/14, 4:24 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/12/14, 11:53 PM
Seen: 803 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM