This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi ! I've a question about MRP. Let me explain how we operate. We produce product, and during the process of fabrication we have to send subproduct to a subcontractor, and this subcontractor will return us the new product. How can I use MRP and BoM to add this step?

thx !

John.

Discard
Best Answer

You need to create a supplier location and then add it as a routing to the BOM of the product in question.

Configuring a Location

• Location Type: Supplier Location
  • Address: Select the address of the
  • supplier Chained location type: Fixed
  • Chained location if fixed: Your Stock
  • Lead time: No. of days for return of goods

To bill for the service add a product of type service to the BOM!

This link outlines the process http://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/book/5/5_15_Manufacturing/5_15_Manufacturing_forecasting.html#working-with-subcontractors

Discard

The answer is too old and seems not relevant and not used for the current version 9, 10 and 11.

Author Best Answer

Thanks Nikolaj. And how can I forbid production while my sub-products are not in stock?

Discard

That would depend on the configuration of the sub-product. If it is type make to stock and minimum order rules are in place the system should generate a PO for them. In any case the moves are only completed when you 'Produce', so the system will not automatically assume you have sent to and received from the subcontractor.

I have not yet fully evaluated sub-contracting yet for myself, but have a mess around with it, it is reasonably straight forward!

Best Answer

Hello,

You can see the comment#11 of lp:1025140. Will helps for subcontracting configuration.

Thank you!

Discard