Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

MRP routing with a subcontractor

By
johnCogitae
on 3/20/13, 7:55 AM 4,837 views

Hi ! I've a question about MRP. Let me explain how we operate. We produce product, and during the process of fabrication we have to send subproduct to a subcontractor, and this subcontractor will return us the new product. How can I use MRP and BoM to add this step?

thx !

John.

Nikolaj
On 3/20/13, 8:25 AM

You need to create a supplier location and then add it as a routing to the BOM of the product in question.

Configuring a Location

• Location Type: Supplier Location
  • Address: Select the address of the
  • supplier Chained location type: Fixed
  • Chained location if fixed: Your Stock
  • Lead time: No. of days for return of goods

To bill for the service add a product of type service to the BOM!

This link outlines the process http://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/book/5/5_15_Manufacturing/5_15_Manufacturing_forecasting.html#working-with-subcontractors

johnCogitae
On 3/20/13, 11:05 AM

Thanks Nikolaj. And how can I forbid production while my sub-products are not in stock?

That would depend on the configuration of the sub-product. If it is type make to stock and minimum order rules are in place the system should generate a PO for them. In any case the moves are only completed when you 'Produce', so the system will not automatically assume you have sent to and received from the subcontractor.

I have not yet fully evaluated sub-contracting yet for myself, but have a mess around with it, it is reasonably straight forward!

Nikolaj
on 3/20/13, 12:02 PM
Amit Parik (amp)
On 9/3/13, 8:29 AM

Hello,

You can see the comment#11 of lp:1025140. Will helps for subcontracting configuration.

Thank you!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/20/13, 7:55 AM
Seen: 4837 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM