This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I know some of you may say "this same problem again" but I really tred hard to find a solution by myself (and thanks to this forum) without any result before posting here...

My case is very similar to this one : http://forum.openerp.com/forum/topic27758.html

In a few words this is what I am trying to do : I am working for a small company making dedicated goods for its clients. We don't have manufacturing facilities by ourselves so we out-source the production. Because we design the goods for every client it means that buy raw materials and produce only if we have a signed SO (that could contain hundreds of different products).

Here is the flow :

1. A client accept a SO
2. We purchase raw materials to a supplier and ask our manufacturer for availability
3. Most of the time the raw materials go from the supplier to my stock before its sent to the manufacturer
4. The manufacturer produces the goods and then deliver it toour stock.
5. Quality control is made by our CQ teams and then we ship it to the client

What I did in OpenERP (basic try as I did many others with push/pull flows routings and so withous succes) :

1. Create my product as Stockable product -  Make to Order - Manufacure and my raw materials as Stockable product - Make to Order - Purchase
2. Defined my production location for the manufactured good as my manufacturer's one  (Physical Locations > Manufacturer - type=production) and a routing rule that happens in the same manufacturer location (Fixed - Manual - to my CQ internal location)
3. Unchecked the "Auto-Picking"
4. Activate Just-in-Time production

Therefore it is almost perfect :

1. When I accept a SO it automatically creates Purchase Orders for raw materials, a Manufacturaing Order for the final product and a Delivery Order appears to deliver the raw materials from my stock to the Manufacturer => perfect
2. If I accept the POs and receive the products in my stock then my MO is still in "awaiting materials" => perfect
3. I do the delivery of my raw materials from my stock to the manufacturer's one and the the MO is in "ready to produce" => perfect
4. If I go and check the MO i realize that both "raw materials location" and "finished products location" are set to my stock and in readonly state... strange but never mind I validate the MO and do "Consume and produce" => OK
5. After that the manufactured goods are going straight to my stock (without any expected deliveries) and if I go in Warehouse > Traceability > Stock Moves, I can see that a move from my manufacturer to my stock is in the state "done" but without incoming shipment (like when I purchase the raw materials).

I hop its clear enough and here are my questions:
- How tcan I have a manual move from my manufacturer to my stock (like when I purchase goods) ?
- Why can't I change the "raw materials location" and "finished products location" in my MO ?
- What should be the best stock location structure in order to have correct inventories ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Ok answering to myself as I couldn't find any answer but tested hundreds of different configurations without any success...

(all these tests happened on openerp 7.0)

After a few tests I realize this had nothing to do with JIT but with the scheduler. It seems it has been coded for a single location warehouse and do not consider any other location. For instance if I install mrp_reopen module, I can change the finished product location manually but it also changed the source for customer shipping grrrr...

I tried also these modules for post-production quality control but no success.

Any ideas ?

Thanks again,

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Jacques, where you able to find an answer for getting a document for the return of the processed products from the subcontractor?

I am using Odoo 9 now.

Pablo

Discard
Best Answer

Did you try pull and push flows?

Install stock_location.

Discard
Author

I actually tried but couldn't succeed on Odoo v7. However, I am now working on v8 and it works almost perfectly using pull flows. Maybe something has change in the way of using routes or most probably I finally understood how it works :-) Thanks !