Odoo Help

Moving data trough Wizzards using the context

By
Anton
on 4/13/15, 11:06 AM 505 views

since I am trying to play a little with the context to pass data from wizzard to sub wizzard I came up with a few idea. The following description is related to the res.partner "Create new".

In the view i can define a context attribute like 'some_variable_name': some_variable_name.

This will crash and burn, if the context i am calling that wizzard from does not have some_variable_name.

Now the idea is to hook into the execution at some point (like default_get() ), read the current context, check in the current context has a key 'some_variable_name' and if not set some_variable_name in the current context to False. The tricky part seems to write to the current context from default_get(). Is this maybe, because the context is not created at that time? Is there maybe a better time to hook into?

This way I could pass 'some_variable_name': True from let's say leads and on the other hand all other modules opening the res.partner form will have  'some_variable_name' set to False, so it won't burn due to an undefined context variable.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/13/15, 11:06 AM
Seen: 505 times
Last updated: 4/13/15, 11:06 AM