This question has been flagged
2 Replies

In Openerp 7, I want to use enter key when I input data. I know that I can use mouse or tab key but I want to know if I also could use tehb ENTER key.

For example: I want to input the product field, press enter, an then the cursor position would move from the product field to the quantity field.

Discard

I totally agree with you, We need to reflect the TAB key behavior to the Enter key in the numPad (Full keyboards).

Hope to see this done in future releases..%

Author

My company has a lot of sale order line per sale order and we input product in code like 1001. We often use numpad and it could be faster to move cursor to quantity field and hilight default value with enter key in one hand. Can anyone has another suggestion. Thanks for all answers.

Best Answer

I don't think that's a good idea:

• TAB key is universally used to move to the next input area (Windows, spreadsheets, webrowsers).
  • ENTER key often means "click on the default button" (e.g. dialog boxes); in spreadsheets by default moves to the next line, not to the next cell in the line.

If you really want that, you could map the ENTER key on your numpad to a TAB. On Windows you can use SharpKeys for that. On Ubuntu, you can use the xmodmap utility.

Discard

Mapping is not an option, since it affects other programs as well. Using ENTER as a next field command is common in high volume data entry, and is specially adaptable to OpenERP since here to enter and save data we have to use a modifier key and ENTER has no function anyway.