Help

Monthly/Quarterly invoices

David Webb

Hi

We´re investigating OpenERP v7 right now and i have a question to recurring invoices.

We have a lot of Monthly and Quarterly based SaaS Products and customers change their amount of space and users a lot. Is that possible with OpenERP or will that be an individual module that has to be developed?

Kind regards, David

Discard
2 Answers
Best Answer

Different solutions:

• You interface your application with OpenERP to create invoice automatically through XML-RPC. That's the best way as everything is fully automated, but you will have to develop the interface. (That's what we do with OpenERP Online; we do one contract for every subscription and one invoice per month)
  • You can use the subscription module that allow to generate documents (like invoices) every month or 3 months.
  • In the trunk version of OpenERP (for v8), contracts have a new feature to allow recurring invoices to be generated automatically based on several parameters.
1 Comment
Discard
Bob Muller
-

I already use the recurring invoices feature in trunk. It seems to work quite well.

Kevin McMenamin
Best Answer

Not exactly sure what you are looking for, but I assume you want to charge each customer for space, number of users etc on either a monthly or quarterly basis. This is bread and butter for OpenERP. Just set up products for each service, then invoice as required. You can have pricelists, discounts etc as required.

3 Comments
Discard
David Webb
-

OK, but do i then need to have each customer in a contract (with the contract module) or is it working "by design" with standard modules ?

David Webb
-

Just to explain:

David Webb
-

Customer A has 7 Webhosting A and 10 GB Space - next month Customer A has 9 Webhosting A and 12 GB Space, next month 6 Webhosting and 8 GB Space.....