--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 7 8 10
San Francisco, United States
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp) United States
3/16/13, 1:20 PM

Different solutions:

• You interface your application with OpenERP to create invoice automatically through XML-RPC. That's the best way as everything is fully automated, but you will have to develop the interface. (That's what we do with OpenERP Online; we do one contract for every subscription and one invoice per month)
  • You can use the subscription module that allow to generate documents (like invoices) every month or 3 months.
  • In the trunk version of OpenERP (for v8), contracts have a new feature to allow recurring invoices to be generated automatically based on several parameters.
1 Comment
Bob Muller Netherlands
4/19/13, 2:14 PM

I already use the recurring invoices feature in trunk. It seems to work quite well.

Kevin McMenamin New Zealand

--Kevin McMenamin--

| 6 3 8
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--

Kevin McMenamin New Zealand
3/14/13, 4:29 PM

Not exactly sure what you are looking for, but I assume you want to charge each customer for space, number of users etc on either a monthly or quarterly basis. This is bread and butter for OpenERP. Just set up products for each service, then invoice as required. You can have pricelists, discounts etc as required.

3 Comments
David Webb Germany
3/15/13, 4:09 AM

OK, but do i then need to have each customer in a contract (with the contract module) or is it working "by design" with standard modules ?

David Webb Germany
3/15/13, 4:14 AM

Just to explain:

David Webb Germany
3/15/13, 4:15 AM

Customer A has 7 Webhosting A and 10 GB Space - next month Customer A has 9 Webhosting A and 12 GB Space, next month 6 Webhosting and 8 GB Space.....

Ask a Question
Writer
Tag
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now