Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Modules representing the state of the art Odoo API

By
John Doe (jd)
on 9/23/14, 7:15 AM 797 views

Searching the Internet for module development documentation and tutorials yields results that can differ the 2013 OpenERP Technical Memento for OpenERP 7.

I am currently using the fleet module as main example for module development, but I wonder which would be the preferred modules as representative of the current API. They should ideally be up to date, small and simple modules. The fleet module is somewhat simple and relatively small, but comparing the OpenERP Technical Memento it does not seem to be fully up to date.

It would be uneasy developing a module relying in many OpenERP 6 / OpenERP 6.1 characteristics working in OpenERP 7 and (guess) Odoo 8 but candidatable for deprecation in upcoming Odoo 9 or Odoo 10 releases.

Ben Bernard

--Ben Bernard--
| 4 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ben Bernard--
Ben Bernard
On 9/23/14, 1:00 PM

Here are some few examples (module, file, model). Indeed only a few ;)

• account, account_invoice.py, account.invoice
  • event, event.py, event.event
  • base, res_users.py, res.users (mixed api)

It's like make a POC and move on. Event new modules in 8 or 9 still use classic orm api.

-- edit --

Remove disambiguity in listing.

What do you mean by _mixed API_? Isn't _account\_invoice_ too a _mixed API_? Did you mean _eInvocing & Payments (account_voucher)_ or _eInvoicing (account)_ by stating _account\_invoice_? Thou kind answer helps me, but keep in mind the question referred to modules (openerp/apps), not models (database tables).

John Doe (jd)
on 9/24/14, 3:47 AM

Not even sure you tell Proof of Concept or Point of Contact, but it's OK ö/

John Doe (jd)
on 9/24/14, 3:48 AM

account_invoice in module account. event is a technical name module. res_users in module base. What I mean with mixed api is not fully rewritten in new api. Proof of Concept.

Ben Bernard
on 9/24/14, 4:01 AM

Nice, I just wasn't totally sure you were not referring to models extended by inheritance, since 'res_users' is a model so core that I guess many modules extend it. I'm used to work with the 'account_move_line model' now and is a relevant example of model inheritance: module 'account' and relationship with modules 'analytic' and 'hr_payroll_account'.

John Doe (jd)
on 9/24/14, 4:31 AM

Thanks, I update my answer. What you asking, module, is too general. At first I try to be more spesific, but fail.

Ben Bernard
on 9/24/14, 4:54 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/23/14, 7:15 AM
Seen: 797 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM